1. To fully engage in life.
2. To consciously choose our goals and desires.
3. To create time and space for self-reflection and self-awareness.
“A good coach can change a game. A great coach can change a life.”
John Wooden (American basketball coach)
Stress is a state of mental of emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances.
1. Is this stress real?
· Can we say no? What will be the consequences?
· Can we just avoid the people and situations that cause stress?
· Re-frame it? Can we view this stress in a more positive perspective?
· Can we adjust the standards? Is there a “good enough”?
· Can we look at the bigger picture? Will this matter in a month or a year?
2. Quick stress Relievers e.g., using movements or visual or hearing
Looking at a calm or a happy picture
Listening to your favorite music
3. Using 4 A’ s for stress:
· Acknowledge: Acknowledge that you are stressed.
· Ask: Do I care? Let go of any small stuff. What specifically is the real issue?
· Act: What are the possible solutions? What is the best solution?
· Advance: Resolve the issue and move on. You may come back to refine your actions later.
4. Don't forget your self-care!
How do we unwind, relax, & recharge?
Everyone is different in terms of self-care. Figure out what works for you!
•Mindfulness / Centering
•Spa / Bath
•Listen to or create music
•Niksen (Dutch word for doing nothing)
•Fika (Swedish for take a break)
5. If you are still coming up with the negative thoughts or feelings or emotions, I would recommend an individual coaching session to convert your catabolic to anabolic energy. Call for a complimentary session.